This month we decided to embrace our inner leprechaun and whip up some yummy Potato Scones in celebration of St Patricks Day on the 17th of March.
These delicious scones are so simple and can be eaten as both sweet and savoury treats!
Spoil yourself and your family by making these tasty afternoon tea delicacies.
- 250g potatoes, peeled
- 30g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup cream or milk
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to hot 210 degrees C.
- Steam or boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, and mash.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the potato, egg and cream.
- Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the potato. Mix together to form a soft dough, adding extra cream if needed.
- Turn onto a floured board and form into a smooth ball. Roll out to 2 cm thick and cut out rounds with a floured 5cm plain cutter.
- Place on a greased baking tray, glaze with milk and bake for 10-12 minutes.
For a printable version CLICK HERE