Chopped Carrot Chicken Sliders
Burgers and their smaller counterparts, sliders, are sure winners at the dinner table or a delicious lunch snack in the middle of the day. At the same time, they’re also excellent places to smuggle in some delicious, nutritious vegetables. In this recipe, we have smuggled onions which are great for the immune system and carrots which are rich in vitamin A: good for the skin and eyes. The tangy sweet chilli sauce masks the flavour of the lettuce so, together, create a delicious and nutritious snack! For the printed version CLICK HERE.
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 6 wholemeal bread rolls
- Loose lettuce leafs
- Sweet chilli sauce for serving
- Finely chop carrots either by slicing or shredding using a knife or grater, when finished place in a large bowl. Add chicken mince, chopped onions, breadcrumbs, and the whisked egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Hand mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Form small burgers patties by rolling them and moulding them into shape.
- Pour ½ cm of oil into a frying pan and heat in a non-stick pan.
- Cook patties for 4 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Dry off excess oil on a paper towel.
- Prepare bread rolls with lettuce leaves, cooked chicken patties, and top with sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!