We’re all for silver linings, and the stay home orders provide a golden opportunity for parents and children to be each other’s gym buddies, keeping that motivation pumping.
Many gyms have taken their workouts online or are offering subscriptions to online classes while others have seen this crisis as an opportunity to offer a free public service.
We’ve gathered up some of the best resources for you below…
- Sam Wood was one of the first to offer free 30-minute workouts live streamed at 9am Monday to Friday. He’s joined by wife Snez with young Charlie running interference in his walker. The comments suggest that there are plenty of families tuning in and loving it! Find them here.
- Sydney Kings basketball player Kevin Lisch has produced a short video demonstrating some fun exercises using children and household items as gym equipment. It’s not quite a full workout, but a little nudge to suggest that this can be fun for all. Click here to find them
- Popsugar Fitness offers a family cardio workout that incorporates games that children love, and has made their online workouts free for a limited time. Find them here.
- For the duration of lockdown, Yoga Ed’s online yoga classes are free. Their 20-minute kids’ yoga class for ages three to five is easy to follow and you can also explore the site to find classes suitable for older children and adults. Click here to watch on Youtube.
- Cosmic Kids offers yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos tailored to children from age three, and you can sign up for a free two-week trial. You can find them on Youtube here.
- We know Sesame Street all too well from our TV screens, but this children’s favourite has a treasure trove of resources to help families through the lockdown. To find exercise videos and other activities, go here.
- Sesame Street also offer up a handy resource that combines movement and games for when you have run out of ideas. Find it here.
- Sometimes children can be a little reluctant to get moving, but combine it with these Disney inspired workouts and you might just win them over! Click here to find them all.